Saturday, December 12, 2009

Musique dans un Rêve

Ever since I was a little girl, I loved the story of the Secret Garden. The sadness of Mr Craven losing his pretty wife, being so devastated that he locked away that garden forever, then one young girl finding it and bringing it to life again with love and attention.

One day when I was home sick from school, my mother put on the tv and there was a movie adaptation of the book for the family movie. It was really well done and throughout the movie a variation on a musical piece was used as the theme. It remains the one piece of classicial music that 'gets' me every time I hear it. It's so achingly, hauntingly beautiful that I love it more every time I listen, and the last part is so pretty it makes me want to cry.

Here for your listening pleasure is Chopin's Nocturne #19 in E Minor. I dare you not to fall in love!



(PS the fact that Colin Firth was in this version of the movie is reason enough to watch it ladies, love me a man in uniform! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up!

My Instagram