Friday, March 22, 2013

Quick Fix- Broken Powder Compact

One of the downsides to my job is having to take a lot of makeup with me when I travel. Usually, I don't wear much makeup (aside from maybe mascara & lipstick) unless I'm either at work or going on a night out.
 
I've been pretty fortunate so far, in that I haven't lost or broken too many of my cosmetic items on my travels. The most frequent 'breakage' I tend to suffer is the dreaded powder compact drop-and-shatter. Sadly for me, the latest occurrence was while opening a new compact. In my tired state, I dropped it, and the powder cake broke. Oops. What to do? Well, if you are like me you hate waste, the good news is it's not the end for your powder foundation.
 
On a previous trip to Hong Kong, I had picked up some beauty storage containers, including this cute powder jar and puff from Sasa for a couple of dollars.
 

 
So, if you have dropped your powder like me, but want to keep using, here's what you do.
 
1. Get a powder jar & sifter set (Most Asian beauty stores have these cheaply)
2. Scrape the broken powder from the compact into a small container or bowl.
3. Using a suitable tool, crush the powder cake evenly until it becomes loose powder.
4. Transfer into the container, tapping the sides to settle the powder evenly.
 
Voila, your annoying broken powder cake is now a portable loose powder that you can carry around for touch ups :)
 
Environmentally AND purse friendly!
 
Oh and step 5? Try not to drop your next powder compact... ;)

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog :) do you have any idea where in Dubai I can get loose powder container. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry for the verrrrrry late reply! You could probably try one of the Daiso stores, there's a large one in Dubai Mall. Also Lamcy Plaza and a few other places. Good luck!

      Delete

Speak up!

My Instagram