Friday, November 19, 2010

Gym Time...!

I admit it. I've been really slack in the gym department over the last few months. It's quite shameful really, considering that the apartment building I live in has a gym and pool on the premises. There's really no excuse!!

Back in October, I'd decided to get my act together and work out regularly. I'd go to the gym, even if for 40 minutes. Then after a particularly tiring trip, I spent the next three days sleeping during the day and awake all night, and any gym routine went out of the window.

Over the last two weeks, I've been pretty good. I've been going to the gym at least every second day and doing about 20 minutes on the cross trainer and 10-20 minutes on the rowing machine. I'd love to do some weights and I really need to get some toning in my abs but I have no idea how! Not being a gym bunny in any respect, I always feel like a total loser trying to use the exercise machines aside from what I already use.

I also have problems with motivation. I have my ipod and I work out to music or podcasts, but I'd love to find some other ways of keeping motivated in the gym. If you have any suggestions or advice to stop me falling off the wagon again, please leave a comment!!!

2 comments:

  1. Going with friends is great motivation... you can't back out because you'll let the other person down. It worked for me, but now I live in the middle of nowhere too far from friends who like to work out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    A little late to the game here, but always I thought that overhead squats (squats with the bar pressed overhead) were the biggest bang for the buck. They work pretty much everything- legs, abs, shoulders, arms, balance.... Absolutely brutal to do though-high-risk, as far as potential for injury as the weight increases, too.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up!

My Instagram