Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Future is in Dubai

This is a post for Allemalice. She and I were talking on Twitter about how some buildings look like the belong in Star Trek. Of course, the world centre for skyscapers is now Dubai and while other cities have futuristic buildings, a high proportion of those in Dubai fit into this category.

So, here you go Alle, some crazy sci-fi buildings in Dubai.


Address Hotel, Downtown Burj Dubai



The next two are of the 'Fashion Avenue' clothing & accessories section of the Dubai Mall



Address Hotel in the daytime

Metro Stations which look like alien pods or something from 'Coccoon' :P




Dubai from the air. It is a futuristic-looking city, no?? Of course with the addition of the Burj Khalifa it looks even cooler...

Hope you enjoyed looking at these! I'll be keeping my eye out for more unusual-looking buildings on my travels.

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME! These buildings are so damn cool, I kind of can't stand it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently they're planning one like Burj Khalifa, that spins on its axis in the wind (!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should see the Dubai Mall at night from above, so cool! If I knew how to post a photo I would, but here is one I took from the Burj Khalifa... doesn't it look like a video game or something?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/krystalarson/4292734128/in/photostream/

    ReplyDelete

Speak up!

My Instagram